Monday 19 March 2012

SVA XIII Warhammer 40K pictures

Last weekend I went to the SVA Campaign in Reading, which is a two-day WH40K riot. It's designed to have backstory and lots of odd missions. Players are encouraged to bring unusual armies, rather than tournament lists. Unfortunately some people don't quite understand what that means, so there were several Inquistor warbands with lots of rifleman dreadnoughts death-cult assassins and crusaders, but other than that it was a huge amount of fun. I went with four friends, Toby, Dan, Michael and Monkey, and we all played in the forces of disorder team, who I'm glad to say won. I managed 2 wins and 3 loses, one latter against a Inquistor list. There was also a great deal of beer and I have to report that Reading is blessed with at least one excellent Curry house. Anyway, pics!
The Forces Of Thrak The Babbler, Daemon Prince - my Chaos Space Marine army. Consisting of Plague Marines, Khorne Beserkers, Chaos Marines, Plague Toad Obliterators, Terminators and a Greater Daemon. Not shown is the Plague Tower and laboratory of the Khem-Master Fabius Bile.

Toby's Deffproof Ork Boyz. Not shown is his MEGAstompa.

Three of the four super heavies we took. Toby's Stompa, Dan's Chaos Warhound and my Plague Tower. Dan made the Plague Tower for me for my birthday. One of the best presents I've ever had. Not shown is Micheal's Heirodule which was as ever beautifully presented. The small thing at the front is an Ork Boy, shown for scale.

My Daemon Prince got hit by Rifleman Dreadnought autocannons, and all four scored wounds. The dice indicate my armour saves, which only one needed to 3+ for it to survive.

Pretty beakies

Mekdread Orks. So many kans.

Toby's amazing Ork warband. Built and painted in 3 weeks, the man is superhuman.

Close up of his stompa.

The winner of the painting challenge. Personally I thought Toby's Orks better, but he won the slayer challenge, after tabling many many opponents.

A close up of the Plague Tower. Those are Terminators in the foreground.

My last game, which was a complete blast. Turn one, hiding.

My opponent was fielding a Rogue Trader model army. The model in the centre is a Contemptor. We agreed that his whole force has been hit by a Ork shrink ray.

Anyone facing a Daemon Prince and about to be assaulted by Khorne Berserkers is right to feel they may not make it another round.

And then the Greater Daemon turned up. This game was so much fun as I had to table my opponent in 5 turns, but any units destroyed just went into reserve. Because of the campiagn point system, my opponent managed to do very well because he kept killing my HQs. My opponent, Mike, was such fun to play that I even though I was exhausted I didn't want the game to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment