Wednesday 21 March 2012

16,000 words

Star Trap Dungeon just hit 16,000 words. The first half of the level contains 86 location, about 2/3rds of which are now documented. The second half maybe slightly smaller, but will probably push the whole level to over 150 locations, which include two goblin clans, a death trap, the necromantic device of Thadrak the Black, The mushroom kingdom and several entirely secret areas. 

It looks like I'm going to start running the dungeon with some of my work colleagues in the next few weeks, which will force an accelerated pace in dungeon design.

I'm using Google Docs to write it, as it's entirely portable and I really don't care if Google scan it for targeting keywords. GD is absolutely fine for this kind of stuff, as right now it's just for me and requires no fancy layout or formating, which I'd do in InDesign anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment