Monday 22 July 2013

Great shot kid, that was one in a million

I'm officially a Veteran Of The Long War. I have a certificate to prove it. I think my surprise and disbelief is palpable in this photograph. I won the accolade by being the top placed Chaos Space Marines player at Throne Of Skulls in theGames Workshop HQ in Nottingham. I won 4 of my 5 games. This is by far the best I've every done in any of the campaign weekends I've been at, so to say I'm pleased is an understand statement. To temper that a little, two of my games were against other Chaos Space Marine players, which meant by winning them, not only did I raise my score but lowered theirs. One thing that is nice to be able to say though is that I never felt particularly lucky. The dice swung back and forwards, as they should and it was my decision that help win me the games. The game I lost was against a 9 Missile Broadside, 18 Missle Drone Skyshield Tau list.

For those interested here is my list.

Bile Lord Metaxus. Chaos Warlord on a Bike with Mark Of Nurgle, a Powerfist, Aura of Dark Majesty. Blight Grenades.

5 Chaos Spawn with Mark Of Nurgle

10 Plague Marines, with a Meltagun, Plasma gun and Champion with a Poweraxe in a Rhino.
10 Plague Marines, with a Meltagun, Plasma gun and Champion with a Poweraxe in a Rhino.
11 Cultists with a Heavy Stubber.

5 Havocs with 4 Autocannons
A Forgefiend with Hades Autocannons and an Ectoplasma Cannon

A Helldrake with Baleflamer.

1500pts.








No comments:

Post a Comment