Friday 4 January 2013

What I'm working on - Dungeon Masters

I've got a head full of ideas at the moment and two are particularly cornucopian. The first is a tile game based around dungeons, where the players take the role of dungeon masters digging and stocking a single dungeon together. In the points scoring final phase a 'party' of adventurers descend into the dungeon, moving at random, slaying monsters and taking treasure. The object of the game is to have as much of your treasure as possible still in the dungeon, as well as having had your monsters kill members of the party.

Much like Carcasonne there are both competitive and cooperative elements to laying dungeon tiles. There are also some unique 'rooms' that cause special actions to occur in the final stage. Games should be run in the 45-1hr time frame, and the ruleset and will be as simple as possible.

As per usual I have both more ideas than time or money, however I found an online shop selling square white cardboard tiles, so I bought 100 and hope to build a prototype at the very least. I'll be very interested in finding alpha playtesters for this. The very few people I've talked to about in face to face all seem to think it sounds fun.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.evilsecretbase.com/?p=13
    Monk
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for some of that - sounds very cool :-)

    Toby

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you're saying is you want to come over to play this? :-)

    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/45315/dungeon-lords

    ReplyDelete