Monday 27 February 2012

The Lure Of Chaos, or Plan B From Outer Space

After reviewing my Brass Wardens yesterday I realized there was no way I'd manage to paint all that I needed to before the Spikey Grand Campaign 2 day 40K tournament. I've brass based about 7 Terminators, but I still had so much to do, including the Inquisitor Kill Team, and I'm going to Copenhagen this weekend, so I'm unlikely to have any serious time to get it done.

So I've fallen back on my Nurgle Chaos Space Marine army, although this time I'm stripping off the Nurgle theme. With this in mind, I've decided to take a Greater Daemon and some Khorne Beserkers, which I put together last night. I'm much happier spray basing these beserkers, ink washing, dipping and highlighting than the more delicate Brass Wardens, which I'm taking my time with. I've still got to build two more Rhinos, one for the regular marines and one for the beserkers, but they also can be done quickly.

All in all, I'm surprised how much stress this was causing me and the relief yesterday once I'd made the decision made for a fun and relaxing modelling session rather than a panicked on, was palpable.

No comments:

Post a Comment