Saturday 15 August 2015

Hobby Holiday Day 4 - Rain stopped play

It was a miserable windy day with vast quantities of rain falling from the sky. This meant I didn't get very far with painting the dungeon terrain at all, and packed it up to stop the moisture damaging the primer.

Since this left me rather deflated, and I do need to chill out before the new job, I spent the day watching TV and cooking. Since cooking is a hobby in my book, it very much counts. I marinaded some chicken wings in dry jerk seasoning mixed with everyday seasoning, vegetable oil and a little water to make a thick paste. This isn't a blistering hot jerk, but is incredibly flavourful. I fried them in batches, in a wok with the oil covering about half the chicken. They turned out like this.


I also made an apple and blackberry crumble, using vegan margarine since I've a few friends who are vegan that pop round from time to time and it's nice to offer something tasty for everyone. The blackberries are from the garden and we've had a bumper crop this year.



Since day 4 was technically the last day of my hobby holiday, I spent an hour (at least) tiding the hobby room. I bought a nail display stand for £5 on Amazon, thinking that it would hold most of my paints. It really doesn't, I've got fair more than I think and it's one of the reasons I want the stand, so that I use more of my colours. I'm definitely ordering another one, as it's already incredibly useful.

Finally I thought I sort through and clean up the 2000AD Judge Dredd models I've accrued, through gifts and a kickstarter. It turns out I've got more than I thought, and two sets of Dark Judges. Infinity is increasing in popularity at the club, so maybe I can use them for that. I also reckon they might make a fun Mega Hive One Adeptus Arbites Inquistor team for 40K. They really don't look difficult to paint.

Tomorrow my wife has a day off and we've driving to Margate to see the sea and Perry Grayson exhibition there.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment